Sunday, October 24, 2010

Carving Pumpkins


Brandon and Edward went to two different pumpkin patches on school field trips this past Friday.  I was able to go with Edward and he just loved being able to choose his own pumpkin and go through the hay bale maze. 

Edward in the hay bale maze

Mom, I think I want this one.


Never mind, Mom.  This is the one I want!

Okay, actually, this is the absolutely best pumpkin ever. 

Today was finally the day that we carved the pumpkins.  I had bought a couple extra at the store so Kevin and I could join in the fun.  It sure is a messy endeavor to clean out those pumpkins and a lot of work actually carving them, but it was well worth it.  The boys loved poking the holes along the pattern lines so that I could carve the design that had chosen or drawn.

Cleaning out the pumpkins.

Look, Mom!  It has a lid!

Yep, it has a lid.  Kevin is so goofy!

Kevin and Brandon

Brandon and Edward


I think our carved pumpkins turned out quite well, if I do say so myself.  Kevin chose a howling wolf, I chose a spider in a web, Edward chose a bat on a gravestone, and since Brandon's pumpkin was a bit too small for the patterns, he drew a funny face for his.  Next time, I think I'll choose a less complicated design for my pumpkin as it took a long time to cut every little piece out.

Pumpkins after being carved

All lit up

Kevin's howling wolf

Tami's spider

Edward's bat

Brandon's face

No comments:

Post a Comment